[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: java/eclipse and jdk1.6
- To: Greg Lewis <glewis_(_at_)_eyesbeyond_(_dot_)_com>
- Subject: Re: java/eclipse and jdk1.6
- From: Mike Bowie <mbowie_(_at_)_buzmo_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:28:30 -0800
- Cc: Mark Linimon <linimon_(_at_)_lonesome_(_dot_)_com>, freebsd-java_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org, pieter_(_at_)_degoeje_(_dot_)_nl, Daniel Rucci <dan_(_at_)_rucci_(_dot_)_org>, freebsd-eclipse_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org
Greg Lewis wrote:
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 08:06:07PM -0600, Mark Linimon wrote:
Mass category moves are stressful for our users IMHO, so we should only
use them if we really feel the hierarchy will be in much better shape
So thats the big question. If we leave the category there it will continue
to gather new ports despite our best intentions for what we want people to
commit there. We know that this will cause confusion since it leaves users
unsure of where they should look for certain ports. Do we think that level
of confusion is a greater pain than the pain of gutting the category
(either over time or in one hit).
If I may... I don't believe that it's going to get any better over
time... so if not now, when? Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of
confusion, but in the long run the intention is to improve clarity.
The standard IMHO disclaimer applies to any statements I may or may not
have made above.
freebsd-java_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-java-unsubscribe_(_at_)_freebsd_(_dot_)_org"
Visit your host, monkey.org